Since the pandemic we know that office life, in fact life in general will not be the same given the huge impact of Coronavirus. Here are a few important action points to consider to implement into your workplace since Coronavirus / Covid-19. We have kept this very concise with straight to the point bullet points to simplify the key actions that you as an individual, as an employer or employee may need to consider before returning back to work and settling back into office life!
- Wash or sanitise your hands on arrival to work
- Wash or sanitise your hands at least every 2 hours throughout the day
- Maintain safe social distancing of 2 metres
- Stagger break times to avoid congestion
- Adopt a clear desk policy
- Wipe all personal equipment touch points with an antiseptic wipe at least once a day
- Wipe all shared touch points before using – for example meeting rooms door handles, copiers, controls etc
- Nominate and train someone to monitor & ensure a safe working environment (may need to be more than 1 person depending on size of team)
- Nominate and train someone to handle any concerns/anxieties that staff may have regarding coming back into a shared workplace
- Set up a daily check reporting system and retain these reports in a safe place
- Make sure all HVAC (Air conditioning) systems are up to date with servicing and filter changes
- Ensure your space has a deep clean BEFORE staff return
- if there are opening windows check they can be opened to ensure circulation of fresh air
- Reposition furniture, where necessary, to maintain safe 2m social distancing
- Set up teleconferencing facilities within existing meeting rooms, boardrooms, touch down spaces etc
- Remove any surplus chairs from meeting/board rooms so a safe 2m distance between chairs can be maintained
- Use 2m distancing stickers to mark all routes, gathering points etc
- Set up convenient supplies of sanitiser, antiseptic wipes & hand moisturiser - consider all building entry points, entry points to different zones (ie warehouse to office, floor to floor etc), washroom entry points, kitchen facilities & sensibly placed throughout work areas
- Utilise signage to remind everyone to maintain the safe rules ie wash & sanitise hands regularly, wipe commonly used touch points, keep hands away from face etc.
- Set up a preferred walk route for all the team – ie always walk around a route in a large space clockwise etc to minimise potential conflicting distancing
- There are a lot of new and changed practises to be adopted quickly by everyone.
- Consider many staff will be anxious about returning to work and will require help to adopt to the changes
- Mental well-being for some will need additional input so look at nominating someone to help support
- Visual changes, signage, a ready supply of everything necessary to ensure safe working in the work place will give good assurance that your establishment takes both, the Covid 19 measures seriously, and cares for the team.
Check out the Sanitiser Station Co - www.sanitiserstation.co.uk where you can find a range of products to assist you and your company to return safely to work and assist in creating a culture of hygiene, well-being and safety.